Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Battle of the Burgers

I love a good burger as much as the next girl.
I'm a medium-rare, lots of flavor, cheese please kinda gal.
The best place to sink you teeth into a juicy one is a debate much enjoyed by my group of friends...

1. The Chuckbox 202 E. University Dr. Tempe

They only take cash, but this burger has so much flavor! They are also open until 11pm 6 days a week, 8pm on Sundays. Everything is grilled right in front of you, so you can make sure it's just the way you like it. Try the Big One...nom!

2. Delux 3146 E. Camelback Rd. Phoenix

Don't be turned off by the trendy atmosphere. The burgers are delicious - topped with gruyere and maytag cheeses, caramelized onions, and applewood bacon served on a baguette. You can also get a classic burger if you don't like all the fancy stuff. I can't get enough of their sweet potato fries served in a little mini metal shopping cart. Dip your fries in the garlic aioli (basically mayo with a kick of garlic) for a little something different. The beer selection is also quite good. If you have room, the hot fudge sundae is delightful. De-Light-Ful! Delightful.

3. Smashburger 777 S. College Ave. Tempe

I have to admit, for a chain, this place is pretty damn good. The concept is that the meat is "smashed" onto the grill in order to form the patty. I love the smash fries - flavored with garlic and rosemary - they are savory and delicious in a new way for the old french fry.

4. Stax Burger Bistro 4400 N. Scottsdale Rd. Scottsdale

I like the little sliders here. They have a variety of meats and toppings to enjoy. You pick your favorite combos and they come out out looking like beautiful little pieces of art. Delicious delicious art. I love the turkey slider with pineapple and guacamole and the lamb slider with tomatoes and feta cheese. The place has a hip feel without being pretentious - which is nice for Scottsdale...haha. Also, they are open until 11pm Monday - Saturday. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. You do get around for those burgers, doughncha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a girl that knows her meat. Sorry. I had to go there based on the subject. I do agree, Chukbox is great even though I've only been there handful of times. And.... They should get with the times and take a credit card. I mean who doesn't now a days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I spoke too soon. Yay ground up cows!

    ReplyDelete